Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where everyone knows your name

I am terrible with remembering names. But I look at it this way...I work in the medical field where keeping confidentiality is of the utmost importance. So if I can't remember your name, don't be offended. Rather you should be grateful. Even under bright lights and torture I will never reveal your identity. Ok, it's basically because I can't remember your name. So just call me Dori.
But I think I get it from my mother. When we were kids she would at times call me by one of my sister's names, and occasionally even my brother's name. I have even seen my sister call her daughter my name. It is an inherent disorder that I have no control over. Sorry. If you really want to go where everyone knows your name, wear a name tag.
By the way, look up the lyrics to that theme song from Cheers...it's hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. We called it the 'Mother' syndrome. My mom did it too.For some unknown reason, she had to go through every kids name before getting to the one she was actually talking to. I, sadly, have it too. Sometimes I even go through all our pets names too! You get it when you become a mother &/or a multiple pet owner. I don't think it's catchy though.

    ReplyDelete