Friday, December 31, 2010

resosolution

My calendar is soon going to change to 2011 and as tradition demands New Year's resolutions are the question of the day. As of today, there is nothing that can be done for all that I did or did not do in the year 2010. But, the prospect of another year to set new standards in my life totally leaves me, well, torn. I'm all for self improvement, but history shows that I am not one for discipline. The annual resolution is to lose weight. So far my only consistent discipline is to avoid weighing myself at all costs. Before you know it another year has gone and that speculated goal of determination compromises into next years list.
No, this year I am NOT going to make any New Year's resolutions. I am going to make New Month's resolutions. I'm really not good at math at all. But, if I make a resolution every month, after twelve months I will have made a year of resolutions without all that demand of daunting consistency. This way if I succeed or fail I always have next month to set new goals or the same goals.
So for January 2011 I will strive to lose weight by going to the gym two to three times a week, even if only for just using the hot tub. I will try to make healthier choices of what I eat, and drink more water.  I will write more with the goal of writing that second children's book that everyone is waiting for before their children reach adulthood. Actually, I think I could write while in the hot tub and just sitting in water has got to have some hydrating qualities to it. As far as eating stuff that is healthy...when you heat something to a hot enough level it kills germs. So, just imagine how much better something is for you if you fry it in hot oil.
It's good to take it slow at first. There's always next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment